Saturday, March 31, 2012

Easter Basket

I designed this basket last year for one of my stamp clubs.  I wanted to do something "Eastery", but I quickly realized I have no Easter stamp sets.  So I improvised.  I thought, "Easter signifies new life.  Butterflies make me think of new life".  It's a bit of a stretch, but it came out really cute. 
 
I brought the basket back out yesterday to show the ladies in my newest stamp club.  (That's right!  I'm up to three clubs!  Woohoo!)  Of course, it had been a year since I last made this box.  My brain was a little fuzzy on the details.  Instead of a 6" square, I started out with a 9" square.  So yesterday's basket came out a little bigger than the original.  The bigger the basket, the more chocolate you can stuff in it.  Am I right?  :)
 
I am hoping to get a chance to post this later as a tutorial with more details and more pictures.  For those of you who are in  my stamp clubs, you know what to do from here.  Happy Scrapping!
 
 
Stamp Set
Teeny Tiny Wishes
 
Paper
Pacific Point textured paper - 6" x 6" square for basket, and 1" x 9" strip for handle.
Score at 2" and 4".  Turn 90 degrees.  Score again at 2" and 4".
Blueberry Crisp designer series (retired) - scrap
Very Vanilla - scrap
Night of Navy - scrap
Sahara Sand - scrap
 
Ink
Pacific Point
 
Punches
2-3/8" scalloped circle
1-3/4" circle
word window
1/16" circle
 
Tools
Big Shot
Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Sizzix Die
2 brads
SNAIL adhesive
Stampin' Dimensionals
 
If you would like to order any of these products, please visit my Stampin' Up! website.                           http://www.marcibray.stampinup.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment