Friday, October 19, 2012

Black Magic

One thing I love about my Stamp Clubs is the ladies always challenge me to learn new techniques.  I learned this particular technique at the request of a lady who has been special blessing to me and to my Stampin' Up! business.  

This is called the "black magic" technique.  It's not hard to do at all.  You simply stamp your image using Stampin' Up! whisper white craft ink on basic black paper.  Then heat set the image using your heating tool, or embossing gun.  Next you color the image with Stampin' Up! watercolor pencils.  Then heat set the image again.  And wah-lah!  You have a work of art.

You can do this technique using your whisper white craft ink on any dark-colored paper.  You can also use very vanilla craft ink on chocolate chip or early espresso paper.

Here is a list of Stampin' Up! products used to make this card:

Stamp Sets
Just Believe
Heard from the Heart

Paper
Rose Red
     5-1/2" x 8-1/2" - scored halfway to create base of card
     2-1/2" x 4-1/2"
Basic Black
     5-1/4" x 3-1/2"
     4-3/4" x 2-3/4"
     4-1/4" x 2-1/4"
Garden Green  
     5" x 3-1/4"

Ink
Whisper White - craft ink
Basic Black

Punches
scallop edge border

Tools
SNAIL adhesive
Heating Tool
Watercolor Pencils
If you would like to order any of these products, please visit my Stampin' Up! website.     
                      http://www.marcibray.stampinup.net/



Here are a few other cards I've made using the black magic technique.  If you'd like a list of materials used, please email me at BRAYpartyof4@yahoo.com






No comments:

Post a Comment