Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm Scrap Happy

As a stay-at-home mom, there are so many moments when I need to get away.  However, because I homeschool, most of the time literally "getting away" is not an option.  So how do I maintain my sanity?  I escape to my "happy place" ~ a 10x10 room in my house that is all mine. 

I am so blessed to have this safe haven to run to when the rest of the house is constantly reminding me that my job description includes washing, drying, folding, cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping.  Sometimes I call it "my office", because that sounds much less self-serving than "my scrapbook room". 

Although the moment you step through the door into my embellishing paradise, you know this room is all about me.  Living in a house with one man and two growing boys, this is the only room that contains flowers and glitter.  One wall is completely filled with my scrapbooking supplies - punches, glue dots, rhinestones, buttons, scissors, markers, ribbons...  I could go on and on, that's how spoiled I am.

Anyway, that's why I've created this blog.  So I can share my creations with you.  Please stay tuned for weekly postings of my latest cards, scrapbook pages, paper crafts and projects.  I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment