Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Box

My Stamp Club hostess for November requested that we make a Christmas box in which she could place a cute little gift for her child's teacher.  I jumped at the opportunity to use Stampin' Up!'s new kraft boxes, available in the Holiday mini catalog. 
My best friend and I sat in my scrapbook room trying to come up with an idea of how to decorate the box.  I deferred to my tried and true color combination of old olive, cherry cobbler, and early espresso.  However, my friend encouraged me to think outside the box, walk on the wild side...  use lucky limeade!  I reluctantly agreed.  But as you can see, it was a great suggestion.  The lucky limeade paper gives the box a much brighter image, making it a little more cheery rather than the antique look provided by my favorite old olive.
One strip of paper would not fit all the way around the box, so I used two strips - a base of lucky limeade, topped with early espresso, which is then topped with cherry cobbler rectangles that have been dry embossed.

Stamp Sets
Delightful Decorations
Sassy Sparkles (wheel)
Short & Sweet

Paper
Lucky Limeade - qty 2 - 7"x2" strips, scored at 3.5" + scraps
Early Espresso - qty 2 - 7"x1-3/4", scored at 3.5" + scraps
Cherry Cobbler - qty 4 - 1-1/2"x3-1/4", embossed using Petals a Plenty embossing folder and Big Shot
Whisper White - scraps

Inks
Early Espresso
Cherry Cobbler

Punches
2-1/2" circle
2-3/8" circle
Ornament
Modern Label
Word Window

Tools
kraft boxes
rhinestones
jumbo wheel handle
white grograin ribbon
Big Shot
Petals a Plenty embossing folder
snail adhesive
Stampin' Up! dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment